11:16 AM

Odd's and End's...

Some news, we found out today that my manager at work has now interviewed a second candidate for assistant manager (after the first one turned down the job...on his first day!).  Now after interviewing a second one that guy is now hired, it seems my manager is extremely hard to please when choosing people.  Anyway, what can you do?

Also, we are on vacation...what a great and over due thing!  We are currently at the Brock's house but tommorrow afternoon we are traveling to see the Klien's and we will be staying at their house until Thursday around lunch time.  I have really appreciated seeing the Brock's and spending time with them again, they have been good host's.  It's hard not to spend some time checking e-mails, thinking and talking about work, but I find that getting my mind off of work is a very good thing to do.  Where we are there is no cell phone service (for Sprint...well most companies actually) so I have had my phone off the entire time...I think that has been good for me.  For someone who spends so much time on and around phones not having one has been...pleasant.  Don't get me wrong I am not ready to give it up or move out here or anything, I just have enjoyed the break.  

I have been interviewing around town, not coming up with much, one that I probably could have had (but wasn't interested in) and one that I was interested in but turned out...it was a horrible match, they wanted me to interview but I decided against it.  And a final (for now it looks like) candidate has emerged, not 100% on the fit, although I would like to find out more because, you know, I am adaptable...especially for this company.  I have a phone interview coming up next week we will see how it goes.  We will keep the company nameless for now, but depending on how things turn out I will tell you later...if I don't forget.

Lastly, we are not going to be getting the house we wanted.  A while back I said there was a secret and that secret was putting an offer on a house, which someone trumped big time and took the house out of the range we felt comfortable with.  Their offer has not been accepted but it most certainly will be at some point (I imagine).  I am ok with it, the house was amazing but I don't think that's where God is leading us to right now so we will be patient.

I have another post on the back burner...I will post it sometime this week it we get a lul and don't have anything to do.  Have a good night.
blog comments powered by Disqus