10:20 PM

Home from our weekend away...

Well we got home tonight from being out of town for the weekend only to return and see 3 inches of water in our laundry room and more in the kitchen, living room, and bathroom.  Needless to say we were not exactly thrilled.  So not only were we not able to start unpacking for quite some time but we also were not able to do the immediate cleaning that needed to be done.  We do have this one friend Greg Colvin (mad props goes to him) that came out and helped us turn off the water softener and show us how to resolve the issue.  He is absolutely an amazing guy to know.

On another note I received an email today from Phizer saying that while they were impressed with my past accomplishments and my interview, that I was no longer being considered as a candidate due to their decision to pursue other candidates at this time.  They encouraged me to wait a year and then to re-apply with them in the future...maybe I will, I doubt it though.  By that time I will be a nationally known entrepreneur!  Anyway, I am cool with the decision and look forward to other opportunities....more later.

Up until now we had been doing the South Beach Diet, in which I had lost 10 pounds...however Friday's on Saturday, Pizza Hut on Sunday, and Hacienda on Monday means that while I ate fairly heathy (for restraunt food), if I intend to keep those pounds off then it's time to get serious again...So I will, starting tommorow.  

Anyway, I guess you could say that we just had one real big welcome back to reality, after we arrived home from our weekend away
blog comments powered by Disqus