11:08 PM

An update to our house mess...

Well after finding the water in our house here is low down on what happened...

The day after we found the water mess I had to go to Grand Rapids for training for a position I am excepting (yes that's right, not many of you new I was taking on a new position did you?)  This new position is honestly not worth the title on a business card as all it does is increase my responsibilities and not any new pay.  Why take the position? (well now I am off topic because this is suppose to be about our house mess) because I can put it on my resume (and business card) and I can possibly receive more exposure.  That's about it.

Anyway, while I was in training my mom (mad props to her) called our insurance to find out what to do about our mess (I probably wouldn't have called, what a mistake that would have been!) and they sent someone to our house in under a hour.  The people analyzed our (now big) mess.  Anyway, I don't know a ton about the whole situation because it involved me very little.  My wife kept up with most of the contacts.  So anyway, we found out about 4 days to late that we could have been staying in a hotel (we had been at my sisters...mad props to her and Mateo), so after booking it we had to cancel it, boooo.

Here is the result:  Our kitchen, living room, and hall floor has to be replaced.  Our carpet has to be replaced due to reoccurring salt stains that would never go away, and part of our walls have to be chopped out and re-done so that they will not harbor moisture, and more importantly fix the damage that has already been done to them.  In addition to this we must replace the water softener and we will probably go ahead and repaint our entire house since we will be re doing all the floors and stuff.  This is a good thing (a blessing in disguise) and if you don't believe me just ask my sister.  I think she will tell you that we live in a pretty hideous house (Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's just...shall we say lacking).  Then she will go ahead and tell you that it's a darn shame, darn shame that none of our furniture was damaged (as it's pretty hideous also, according to her).  Sometimes one must suffer in one area in order to excel in others, Dana will tell you we suffer in the furniture category.  

Anyway, we are a mere months away from normality due to the extended nature of replacing our entire flooring and parts of walls, as well as the rolls of tape that will be wasted that our rep's will have to cut through in order to get all of our expenses approved.  Then there is the contractors and purchasing to due, as well as the insulation and prepping that will have to be done.  Once everything is accomplished we should be sitting in a pretty good place...And in my opinion it will be time to sell :)  We will see.  For more info you can visit www.inyourdreamsifyouthinkireallycreatedawebsiteforthis.com however I may post pictures at some point soon.  Later.
blog comments powered by Disqus