10:13 AM

What about you???

One thought I have been mulling over for a while now is this idea of being called vs. being chosen. In the Bible (somewhere) it talks about many being called but few are chosen. Since college I have tossed this idea over and over in my mind, and that's what I am going to do with this post, toss the idea over some more. In every Christian's life there is a point were they become born again. This does not mean that we are now chosen instead of called, as a matter of fact this is proof that we have been at least, bare minimum, called. Now many people, as they continue on their spiritual journey, grow in their relationship with God. At some point some people experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Does this mean you are chosen? Probably not, so what does.

I like to think I am chosen as do a lot of people I guess. The way I determine weather I am called or chosen is simple, I think I am chosen, I want to be chose, so I guess I am. But....How does this effect my life, what does it mean to me and my calling? What does it say about me and more importantly, if I declare that I am chosen that seems like it puts a judgment on my life....For instance if I am in fact chosen now I have to measure up to what being chosen means and those people who are also chosen. If I am only called there is this expectation that if you fail oh well, there was a good chance you were going to fail anyway and there is no shame (also no shame in Jesus Christ but I was just trying to show an example). We are going to move back to the chosen topic however since that's what we are focusing on.

...............Sorry, I'm at work, so this isn't as thought out as it should be..............

Acknowledging, claiming, or even thinking your chosen...Seems pridefull to say the least. But lets discuss how that effects us, being chosen. If we are chosen, and few are, then there is a great responsibility to carry our weight and to carry out the calling of the entire human race. That's a pretty big responsibility! In my life I desire to be chosen and in doing so struggle everyday with, 'am I doing what I am suppose to do?' If I fail God in some way, like giving up on Christianity, or neglecting to perform what is expected of a chosen person then....Don't get me wrong I am not going to give up on Christianity, this is what drives me, and is also what makes me believe I am, in fact, chosen. Part of my thought process is that those that are chosen can't 'fall away' as we Christians put it, and those who are called can 'fall away'. Part of the reason why I believe I am chosen is because I believe that I am always saved, I don't believe the doctrine and didn't drink the kool-aid of once saved always saved, but I believe I personally am always saved, and this is why I think I am chosen. There is much more to this thought process that I will continually be tossing over, and writing about, over and over again. So the question is ...... What about you???
blog comments powered by Disqus