12:23 PM

Some thoughts on Juggling...

In our daily lives, as humans, we have many aspects of ourlives that require our time and attention. These areas include school, work, relationships, bills, and our spiritual walk among countless others. Each time we devote time to an area of our life we are juggling. We spend some time paying our bills and then we throw it in theair while we concentrate on work, then we throw that in the air as we devotetime and energy into our relationships before tossing that to the sky aswell. And this is how our life goes, one by one tossing each area of our life into the air and hoping to catch it before we allow things to get out ofcontrol.

It's amazing the messes that we manage to avoid - not without cost though. Every time we loft something into the air that thing, that area of our life now demands some internal memory dedicated to that issue so as to not lose control (we will be using some computer speak here -any techie's that want to contest some of my analogies please let me know). Most of us people seem to come without the required memory available to handle all of the things that we throw into the air. The next thing that happens is that we get memory overload and our life gets blue screened or we get this pop-up that says physical memory dump starting in 59,58, 57, 56, 55, 54, 53...ect. You get the idea. And that's when it all crashes. Our life turns to shambles and we are left in ruins. Hopefully we have our life stored on a backup hard drive with the ability to put everything back into place. For most of us, these crashes only happen once in a while and seem to be 'only' 'some' or 'several' of these areas of our life, as we are able to make several miraculous catches on our way down. Come to think of it we make better wide receivers than we do computers.....

As far as humans go we see varying degrees of skill when itcomes to juggling, sure we can point to CEO'S and other people who seem to have it together, but I assure you, they are dropping things to i.e. HP's CEO. This leads us to one conclusion, we are not capable of handling all areas of our lives, and my best guess says that we weren't intended to. As a matter of fact, my experience tells me that any time I focus to long or to hard on one area of my life, the other areas fall down. My personal experience shows me that as capable as I am as a person, I can truly only handle one thing at a time…and that’s tuff for me because by nature I am a multi-tasker. If I wanted to I could try to show everyone how much I have it together and hold off for as long as possible with dropping the ball, but the truth is, I can’t do it, atsome point I will fail – the question is, “How long will it take me to learn?”

See, this is where Christ comes in, as Christians we have this amazing resource at our disposal. We can set our lives apart, focus truly and solely on this resource and that resource will juggle for us. That resource is Christ. And let me tell you, he is a pretty good juggler. In my personal life, when I am sitting on the ground collecting everything that fell down, that’s when I usually give everything to Christ and things tend to start running smooth again. It’s when we start to take over that the problems start again. Most of us don’t even realize we are juggling again until things start to go wrong.

I am here to tell you folks, it’s a lot easier to juggle onething with two hands than the alternative. This is long, I know, it’s just my life on a screen. Hopefully it means something to someone…Good Night.
blog comments powered by Disqus