12:10 AM

Refinement

A while back I had called a friend on the phone and I was talking to him about things that were going on in my life and he said some interesting things...One thing that stood out was this, I told him that I thought there was a double standard at work where I would do something that was totally ok and someone else would do something fraudulent and yet I would get talked to. My friend said that there very well could be a double standard because I have asked God to refine me and maybe He is using others to do this very thing. On the other hand maybe the rest of the store has decided to not walk with God, then He will in effect, hold me to a higher standard. I am totally ok with God refining me I just wish that me and God spoke the same language, you know? Anyway, this is good news, and a very, very painful process. What about you, are you being refined by somebody?

Question of the day, 'Are you getting busy living, or are you getting busy dying?' in your relationship with God, just an interpersonal question to mull over within yourself. (Shawshank Redemption, Morgan Freeman)

Does anyone notice that God seems to teach me most through work? What ways does God speak to you? I just wonder if people get bored with me always writing about work, but hey, that’s were life happens, so...

EDIT: Wifey-head makes a good comment, interpret getting busy living or dying however you read it because you could be correct either way.
blog comments powered by Disqus