10:51 PM

Being ourselves...

Whenever I talk about personal callings in my writings I am beginning to think that the most important part of your calling is being you. I never love my daughter more than when she looks at me and with all the sincerity of her entire being and tells me whatever she wants to. She just looks at me and there is the look of love and sincerity and it doesn't matter what she is saying, it just matters that she is saying it to me. I don't have it scripted what she should say or do, but ... I think that our lives should be similar, when we are truly ourselves, not thinking about saying, acting, or doing the right thing but just saying, doing, and acting as ourselves, that's when we are most in God's will I think.

So, the question is, 'Who am I?'
I am a person who is very confident in who I am, some people think I am cocky - I am not. I definitely have leadership tendencies, I am a problem solver, analytical, laid back, decisive, easy to get along with, opinionated, and I am a quick thinker. It makes sense that I would have a discipleship calling. But the crazy part is how? How do I walk in the calling that I am. Well, I already gave the answer, by being myself. So if someone wants to step up and show me how you are doing it.........Then maybe I can implement those things in my life also. I was on the phone with a friend tondight for almost an hour, and he said that as children our parents have to let us make mistakes, I don't think I ever maid any mistakes growing up and hence as an adult I have a fear that prevents me from acting. I NEED TO JUST DO SOMETHING SO I CAN MAKE A MISTAKE! Ok, maybe not but, see there is this hindrance that prevents me from being me, more.

The second question is, 'Am I saying, doing and acting as myself?'
I think I am, even if it's a dim image of what I hopefully will one day became. I don't think I shy away from being myself due to anyone, or their thoughts and opinions of me. I think I am doing the cell phone sales thing because I really enjoy cell phones. I don't think I would classify myself as really living my calling though because - ok, I am getting confused now.

What about you? Who are you? Are you saying, doing, and acting as yourself? I hope that my writings can cause each person who reads them to look within your soul and evaluate yourself. In some sort of crazy way this blog may be more my calling than anything I have accomplished selling cell phones for the last 2 years.....It's like a light is turning on and ...Oops it was a light turning on, my wife is turning on the light so I can see what I am typing........(my attempt, pathetically, at humor).

On a more serious note, I think that things, like blogs (ex. mparrott84) can and are parts of people's callings. I think this is what I was getting at a coupled of days back when I said that your hand is in a lot of different stuff. Maybe I write blogs, maybe I sell cell phones, maybe I teach Sunday school and do prayer meetings. And maybe everything I am involved in outside my j.o.b. is my calling, and my job is just that, a job, with no other meaning in tact except to provide for my family. Maybe my job doesn't matter, but maybe it's the most intricate part of my calling because that's where God sharpens and hones my soul so that I can write about it here and annoy all of you. And maybe the post is just way to long and I should save some of it for later.

Good night.
blog comments powered by Disqus