12:14 AM

What does your Church Teach You?

What is the purpose of church...? This is an issue we touched on in the church attendance blog that I wanted to dive a little further into. Why do we go to church? What are we hoping to get out of it? What do we get out of it? What do we learn from attending church? And, how is it suppose to be? (Hint: the last question is not a personal opinion question)
First off lets start with 'why do we go to church?' Most people tend to say fellowship, but reality says most people feel obligated to go to church, or they may as though they will 'backslide' if they don't go. Maybe going to church is how they grow, by going and learning something new (Christian slang = 'to get fed').

How is it that in Church we are always taught how to be good, but seldom how to have a relationship w/Jesus. Does anyone really care about being good? Being good doesn't get you into heaven. Do you walk with the Lord daily? Do you know how to? No cheating everyone close their textbooks, what does your day look like, what does it consist of? Do you dwell on what is good and holy? Do you pray w/o ceasing? Do you experience inner peace? Or do you lay awake at night with things like finances, test's, job situations, or relationship crisis' on your mind? Why doesn't anyone actually teach us how to BE CHRISTIANS.

This topic is on hold because I need to go to church to get my thoughts straight. When I walk out the door I will be upset enough to get all my thoughts in order. Expect this topic to be posted more in-depth on a Sunday or Monday soon.

Edit: This topic was on hold (since 7/20) but is now being taken off the hold position and being released for thoughts and opinions.

This topic will be expanded on a Sunday or Monday soon, but not this Sunday or Monday :) I recently went to church...I know great eh? But I only went to listen to a special speaker and he did not upset me so let me go on a regular Sunday and we can pump out the rest of this topic soon.
blog comments powered by Disqus