12:02 PM

Memorable day.

Today is the day we celebrate my parents walking on the earth for almost 100 years (combined, even though you would think it was apiece!) So that makes it a memorable day, right? Ok on to some thoughts I have been tossing around - in my head- not outside my head.........Ok, never mind (mental images...). The other day I was talking on the phone with my friend and then another - other day I was talking to him again...And he made the comment 'I don't know if you know that what you just said was prophetic or not, but it was just what I needed...' and then he want on to say that God had been showing him some things recently and what I just said ties into the whole thing. He also said that every time I call it seems like I say something that seems to be more than just a coincidence. I personally don't believe in coincidences anymore because as a Christian, if God is orchestrating our lives, then things are going to work out and be said when we need it, because God is going to give you what you need, when you need it. God also knows when to offer confirmation - so anytime you have a 'coincidence, stop and say a little thanks to your God in heaven.

Anyway the really awesome part about my friend saying what he did to me, was that God uses me even when I am not aware, how cool is that! I can be stupid, stupid mparrott84 and God can still choose to use me in spite of myself. This is why I think I am chosen (think back several posts), because God has complete control of me even in spite of myself. This is definitely comforting. Anyway, it also is a part of my calling I believe. For example, part of my wife's calling is praying for healing with the sick and lame. Part of my gifting is in the prophetic, but the cool part is that there is no expectations, as long as I just continue to be myself I will keep on calling my friends at the right time, every time and saying the right thing. And I think that's amazing. The only part I am responsible for is to be myself and to nurture my relationship with the Father up above.

For discussion: do you think of or refer to The Father, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit or something else, when you are thinking, talking, praying, or meditating about the Trinity? I think most of the time I refer to the Father part of the Trinity.
blog comments powered by Disqus