12:11 AM

Tonight's thoughts....

Late at night, after I get off work, sometimes I go for a walk with God. These are not what I would call prayer walks, because I am not always praying, but I often do. Mostly this is a time where I get to go over all the thoughts in my head that are troubling me, and seek God for answers. I do not tell you this to brag, but only to set the stage for this post.

Tonight as I was going through all the crises that I am facing, it occurred to me that my daughter Becka was in an enviable position. This is due to the fact that while she is extremely smart, she is oblivious to all of our 'end of the world' issues. I often cry out to God for problems that exist at work, bills coming due, lack of satisfaction with were I am in life, and maybe arguments I am having with my spouse, family, or friends. I also often ask forgiveness for my stupidity and ponder political and global issues that are effecting our nation - all things that my precious Becka doesn't have a clue about. As I pondered this thought I was amazed at her simplicity, and thought to myself that this is how it is to be for us, as God's children.

My jealousy for my daughter is under control, but how do I approach God the way she approaches life? Rebecka Joy gets up with no clue as to what the day holds, but instead experiences the adventures of that particular day. As I continued to ponder these issues I wondered, as children grow, there eyes become open to these things that pressure us all, so how do we as adults approach God. How do grown-up kids go to there parents for answers, after all they are adults.....I don't know that I came to any conclusions to this question, nor have it tried, but instead I just keep thinking about my daughter and how can I be like her? After all, I already know about all the problems and all of the issues that my daughter just lets me handle. How do I let God handle my issues. After all, if I let Him handle my issues, He probably will handle them...But what if I don't like the way He goes about it..? If I could just trust Him enough (not that He isn't worthy, but more-so that I am not capable of trusting enough right now) then I would know that He sees me the way I see my daughter, and that I would do anything for her, and to see her be happy. I don't know, it's just hard I guess.

These are the thoughts that I have to deal with....To walk out my calling and produce a blog for your enjoyment, and conviction...j/k. I don't mind it, I enjoy pondering deep thoughts, but converting them into one's lifestyle is much more difficult. My task is now to be able to implement the little bit of truth that my Father in Heaven has given me tonight...If I were you guys I wouldn't wait up, this is gonna be a long process. It's a good thing we have a life time. In the mean time I guess I should go get some sleep, it's gonna be a long journey, you should too.

Good night, again.
blog comments powered by Disqus