9:59 PM

Not so good Analogy...

My daughter has this CD that has bible songs and stories on it, and one while thinking about callings and such, one of these stories came on and really perked my curiosity. The story was about Joshua and the conquest of Jericho. As I started tossing around thoughts in my head, I began to get what I thought was some revelation.

In Joshua, when God calls Joshua to conquer Jericho, God only showed Joshua what to do each day. Another words, God told Joshua to travel around the city a certain way, and then that was it. The second day God once again told Joshua to march around the city a second day and then that was it. The same on the third day, fourth, fifth, and sixth day until the seventh day when He told them to take the city. What we can take from this is simple. God only shows us our callings one day at a time, this is done so we continually really on and trust our Lord.

The unfortunate thing is that when I looked up the story about Joshua and the city of Jericho, God outlined everything he wanted Joshua to do before he event went there, yep that's right, God told Joshua go to Jericho and do this day, day two, day three, ect. Oops, that was a not so good analogy I guess.

So I have this analogy about trusting God and doing what He tells you because it will always happen exactly as God says even if we don't believe Him. My example is the story about Joshua and the city of Jericho....

If you would like to be on a mailing list and you want me to e-mail you every time I add a new post to my blog, then let me know, and if there is enough demand I will set something up.

Have a good evening.
blog comments powered by Disqus