8:48 PM

Good enough...Or not?

So I get home late tonight and I am sitting there eating blueberry buckle, which my wife had made, and she didn't think it turned out quite right. So, there I am sitting there, thinking (not saying anything mind you) that this blueberry buckle is good enough....That's when ideas' started being tossed around in my head...(and we all know what happens when I toss idea's around in my head....They end up on this blog:) ) Anyway, I started thinking about being good enough and what happens in relationship when things become 'good enough'.

I am married so I will start there (single people hang out for a minute, it will all pull together and we will all get something out of it, I promise). I think that as we grow in relationships we begin to cut corners, maybe the cooking and preparing of meals begin to be made good enough and and someone cleans up 'good enough', and that's where I think relationships start dying. At this point though, there is no passion, no love in the preparation or delivery of your actions. As husband and wife we need to do things with love for each other, if for instance my wife would have made the blueberry buckle to be 'good enough' then it would have lacked love in the preparation, however, if she bakes it with love and it only turns out 'good enough' then that is much different. If I were to only tell her how much I appreciate her once a year and I think that's 'good enough' then there is a problem. What I need to do instead, is tell her how much I love her so that she knows she is loved (guys, its pretty important women are told...A lot. About 10-12 times a day is what they need according to studies.) This way I am meeting her needs and I am telling her I love her for her benefit. I am not just simply putting in a random I love you and calling it 'good enough'. Relationships that are 'good enough' don't last.

As a married person you have to do things for your partner, things we may not want to do, and when we do things for them, we need to do it out of an abundance of love. If we do this in all situations (even when we are extremely upset at that person) then we can have a truly GREAT marriage and make an impact to the world around us. The world will know we are Christians by our love, but I guess what I am saying, is that we need to love others by our actions, in the daily, in folding clothes, preparing meals, talking to each other, ect. And that's just for the women...:) the men also need to do the daily (read: nagging) activities, like the trash, lawn, and heavy lifting for the women folk, and we need to do if for them out of love for our spouses.

The way this applies to everyone is simple (its a parallel universe and what we do on earth effects other universes' and galaxies.......) we can apply this principle to our relationship with Christ. In the miniscule daily activities of smiling at people on the street, waiving people in front of us while driving, and generally how we present ourselves. These activities will show our true love of Christ. Are we telling the truth, going to church, reading our Bibles, and in general doing 'good enough'? If you are, then your relationship may be dying. I hope we all strive for excellence, that's how the race is won.

By the way, the blueberry buckle ended up being wonderful, I really did like it. The 'good enough' was just a thought, but it produced this post, so maybe this blog is like, a calling or something. -Hope you enjoyed it d.
p.s. If you think my posts are to long....Get over it. j/k Hope you all don't mind it.
blog comments powered by Disqus