1:25 AM

Honoring God with our Possessions...

So I was reading in Proverbs the other day and I came across Proverbs 3:9 that says:


(NKJV) 9 Honor the LORD with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase


That verse really hit me. I have been thinking about making some big purchases lately, so as I am reading this I was taken back. I thought to myself, 'How can I ask God for new things if I don't honor Him with the possessions I have?' Now this was a rhetorical question, I am not saying I don't honor Him, rather I was thinking that God wouldn't have a reason to give me new possessions if my current possessions were not being used to honor Him, which begs the questions, 'Do I use my current possessions to honor God, and what does it look like to honor God with our possessions?' I was at work when I read this passage, so I brought it up to the group of Littles around me. I was really trying to get them to think about the question but all they wanted to do was answer it. I am going to be mulling over this for a while, so I just wanted to put it out there.

blog comments powered by Disqus