4:11 AM

Watching movies...

A couple of nights ago I watched Bruce Almighty for room night with a bunch of guys from work. It had been a while since the last time I watched it, and I missed a bunch of the movie, but there were some interesting quotes in it. The only one I can remember right now goes something like this:


To paint great pictures you need dark colors.


The point of the quote was that humans have to endure tough times to be all they can be, and fulfill their potential. Cheesy to say the least, but pretty sound none the less.



Towards the beginning of my LeadTime year there was a guest speaker who was talking about prayer. One of the things that stuck out to me was this idea that as Christians we are many times, asking God to relieve the circumstances. Many times, God has placed those very circumstances in your life to bring about change, increase your character, and draw you closer to Him. If we want to grow in Christ we can't have the circumstances taken away, we have to run through them, persevere, and allow ourselves to dictate how we will respond, instead of allowing our circumstances to dictate us.


Those are my thoughts, I am learning how to do what I have written, we will discuss it again in tweenty years ;)

blog comments powered by Disqus